Saturday, March 24, 2007

Indexing the 1900 MS Census

I signed up as a volunteer over at http://www.familysearchindexing.org/. It takes a couple of days to get your password. Once you are "official", you can do the training tutorials and then begin indexing. The first time I went in to retrieve a batch, I didn't quite understand how to specify from which project I wanted my records, and I got a bunch of Poles in Massachusetts. However, I've learned that by choosing the "Download from" button that I can choose the project I want. Most of the MS records I've received so far have been Holmes County, but one batch was Grenada County. I also decided to try Alabama to see what counties I got there. I got Talladega. I've recruited a few other volunteers. The software is simple to use. You do need a high speed Internet connection. I hope you'll consider volunteering.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home